2021 Celebrations by Keds Sweepstakes – Official Rules
1. Description. The 2021 Celebration by Keds Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 12:01 am EST on November 10, 2021 and ends at 11:59 pm EST on November 24, 2021 (the “Contest Period”). By participating in the Contest, participants (or, if a minor in their place of residence, the participant’s parent or legal guardian on his or her behalf) unconditionally accept and agree to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor (as defined in Section 10), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Receipt of a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Eligibility. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Winner and guest must be 18 years or older at the time of entry and a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia). Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, their respective parents, subsidiaries, and agents, as well as the immediate family (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings, and grandparents) and household members of each such employee, officer, and director are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations apply.
3. How to Enter. There are two ways to enter the Contest (each a “Standard Entry”):
a. during the Contest Period: (a) Follow @keds on Instagram; (b) leave a comment on the designated Contest Instagram post explaining how you would style your ‘Celebration by Keds’ collection if you win the Contest.
b. during the Contest Period: (1) visit https://www.keds.com/en/giveaway; and (2) complete a Contest Form in its entirety, including your full name, phone number, valid e-mail address, and a description of how you would style your ‘Celebration by Keds’ collection if you win the Contest.
LIMIT ONE (1) STANDARD ENTRY PER PERSON.
In addition to one (1) Standard Entry, you may receive one (1) additional entry (each a “Bonus Entry”) for each friend you tag on the designated Contest Instagram post. NO LIMIT ON NUMBER OF BONUS ENTRIES.
Entries that are incomplete for any reason and those containing invalid e-mail addresses will be disqualified and removed from the Contest. Any attempt to enter using multiple/different email addresses, social media account names, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void all of an entrant’s entries and that entrant will be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
Entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering the Contest, you grant Sponsor a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to reproduce, distribute, display, exhibit, transmit, broadcast, televise, digitize, and otherwise use your entry in any manner, form, or format now or hereinafter created, including on the internet, and for any purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising or promotion of Sponsor and its goods or services. You further agree that, if you win, Sponsor may use your name, likeness, and written entry all without further consent from or payment to you.
4. Representations and Warranties. By participating in the Contest, you warrant and represent that: (a) the Entry is your original work, and you are the sole and exclusive owner of all intellectual property rights in and to the entry; (b) use of the Entry as described in these Official Rules will not infringe the intellectual property or other rights of any third party, or violate any federal, state, or local laws or ordinances; (c) the Entry is not obscene or libelous, and does not contain anything defamatory or derogatory; (d) the Entry does not contain any sensitive or confidential information, or any personally identifying information of individuals other than yourself; (e) The Entry does not contain any virus, spyware, malware, trap door, worm, or any other device, mechanism or code that is injurious or damaging to software or hardware used in conjunction with the Contest; and (f) you have the right to grant the license in Section 3 above. Entries not satisfying these criteria in any respect will be disqualified and removed from the Contest.
5. Winner Selection. After the Contest Period, Sponsor will conduct a random drawing to select one (1) Grand Prize Winner from among all Qualified Entries received during the Contest Period.
Odds of winning a prize depend on number of eligible entries received. Prize winners will be notified on or before December 1, 2021 through Instagram and may be required to complete and return an eligibility affidavit and liability/publicity release. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within three (3) days after Sponsor’s first attempt, does not meet the eligibility criteria, does not fully comply with these Official Rules, or fails to sign and return the affidavit and/or release, then the potential winner forfeits the prize and an alternate winner will be selected. The winner agrees to allow Sponsor to tag them in an Instagram post announcing the winner. If a prize winner is considered a minor in his or her jurisdiction of residence, the prize will be awarded in the name of, or to, the winner’s parent or legal guardian, who must accept the prize, execute any required documents, and agree to all obligations and undertakings of the winner, both on behalf of himself/herself and winner, or the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Under no circumstances will a prize be awarded as the result of an entry by an individual under 13 years of age.
6. Prizes. One (1) Grand Prize: consisting of (a) airfare for two (2) (winner and a guest) to New York City; (b) a two (2)-night stay for winner and a guest at a hotel of Sponsor’s choosing; (c) a prepaid Visa or Mastercard gift card for $750 to be used for dinner and drinks for two; and (d) a prepaid Visa or Mastercard gift card for $500 to be for out-of-pocket expenses; and (e) three (3) pairs of shoes from the Keds Roaring 20s collection. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Grand Prize is US$4,430. Additional terms and conditions may apply to any gift cards, promotional codes, or similar prizes awarded. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be substituted for cash. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may substitute a prize (or prize component) of equal or greater value due to unavailability of prize (or prize component) for any reason.
Actual value of the Grand Prize depends upon the location of the Grand Prize winner’s residence as well as costs of airfare and accommodations at the time of reservation. Grand Prize winner and travel guest must travel together on the same itinerary, which must be booked through Sponsor’s travel department and take place from before December 31, 2022. Sponsor will make all trip arrangements, including airline and itinerary selection, in its sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible, and will not provide a refund or other compensation, for any cancellations or postponements of any prize component, including flights. All taxes, costs, and expenses incurred by the Grand Prize winner or his/her travel guest in claiming or using the Grand Prize not specifically described herein are their sole responsibility, including but not limited to any shots and required travel documentation, visas, or passports.
The Grand Prize winner and his/her travel guest must not be under any legal or physical impediment that would prevent them from accepting the Grand Prize or participating in the Event, and must be able to accept the Grand Prize and participate in the Event on the date or dates specified by Sponsor. Otherwise, the Grand Prize will be forfeited and Sponsor may select an alternate winner, at its discretion, in a manner comparable to the selection of the original Grand Prize winner.
7. General Conditions. Accommodations are subject to capacity controls, availability, blackout dates, and other restrictions, all of which are subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Grand Prize Winner and guest must travel and stay on the same itinerary, and may be required to provide a credit card upon check-in. Travel guest must meet all eligibility requirements of this Contest (including minimum age) and will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and/or liability release prior to traveling. Sponsor is not responsible, and will not provide a refund or other compensation, for any cancellations or postponements of any prize component. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferrable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All taxes and other expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner. The Grand Prize Winner will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the estimate made in these Official Rules, and/or if the Winner elects to travel without a guest. Gift certificates are valid only at Sponsor’s website and are subject to expiration and other terms and conditions.
Potential winners will be required to provide a taxpayer identification number or social security number for the purpose of issuing an IRS 1099 Tax Form for the fair market value of the prize for the year it was awarded.
Neither Sponsor nor Instagram are responsible or liable for, and entrants (or, if a minor in their place of residence, the participant’s parent or legal guardian on his or her behalf) completely release and hold Sponsor and Instagram harmless against: (a) illegible, incomplete, damaged, misdirected, stolen, late, or lost Entry Forms; (b) network, internet, or computer malfunctions or damage related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; (c) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor which may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; or (d) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance or use of the prize, or from participation in the Contest. Any entrant attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Contest, including but not limited to using automated processes for entry, will be ineligible. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, including but not limited to technical corruption or non-authorized human intervention, Sponsor in its sole discretion reserve the right to modify or cancel the Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. Release/Disputes. By receipt of any prize, winner (or, if a minor in his/her place of residence, the winner’s parent or legal guardian on his or her behalf) agrees that Sponsor, Instagram, their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and the agents, employees, directors and officers of these companies, are not liable whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or from winner’s participation in the Contest.
As a condition of participating in the Contest, Entrant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, shall be resolved on an individual basis, without resort to any form of class action. This means neither you nor Sponsor may join or consolidate claims in arbitration or court by or against any other person or entity, or litigate in court or arbitrate any claims as a representative or member of a class or in a private attorney general capacity. In addition, either party may choose to resolve the dispute by binding arbitration, as described below, instead of in court. This arbitration agreement is governed by the Federal Arbitration Act. Any arbitration will take place in Michigan within two hundred miles of Grand Rapids, Michigan by a single arbitrator, and will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association or JAMS pursuant to the rules of the body conducting the arbitration. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than Entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering the Contest). Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
9. Winners List. Names of prize winners may be requested by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope by December 31, 2021 to Sponsor to the attention of “2021 Celebrations by Keds Contest.”
10. Sponsor/Administrator. The Sponsor and Administrator of this Contest is Keds, a division of Wolverine World Wide, Inc., 500 Totten Pond Rd., Waltham. MA 02451 (“Sponsor”). This Contest is not in any way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Instagram.