Global Human Rights
Our company has a strong commitment to treating associates fairly, with dignity and respect.
We believe in doing business with agents, factories and material suppliers who share this
commitment. We expect all our partners to comply with applicable employment laws and to comply
with our Social Compliance Requirements.
We also believe in doing business with factories, agents and suppliers who embrace and demonstrate high standards of ethical business behavior, and we expect their suppliers and subcontractors to do the same.
Social Compliance Requirements
These requirements are designed to set forth the expectations in the operation of factories, including subcontractors and other business partners that manufacture products for us and our subsidiaries and affiliates. We monitor compliance by factories and other business partners with both announced and unannounced visits.
- No business partner shall employ or otherwise utilize child labor in their contracting, subcontracting or any other business relationship, to manufacture products for us. We define "child," for the purpose of determining child labor, as less than 15 years of age or younger than the age for completing compulsory education in the country of manufacture.
- Local legal restrictions on work performed by employees, including those restrictions relating to employees under age 18, shall be observed.
- Employment shall be voluntary basis, and no prison, convict, slave, indentured, bonded or other forced labor shall be permitted.
- Employees shall be treated with dignity and respect, and no employee shall be subject to corporal punishment, threats of violence or any form of physical, sexual, mental or verbal abuse or coercion.
- Employees shall be judged on their ability to perform their job, and there shall be no unlawful discrimination in hiring or employment practices.
- Work hours shall be reasonable and in compliance with local standards and applicable law.
- Compensation for workers (including piece rate workers) shall not be less than that required by local laws relating to minimum wages, overtime, and mandated benefits (including sick and maternity leave), and any deductions from compensation shall be reasonable and in accordance with local and other applicable laws.
- There shall be no interference in the legal exercise of the right of free association.
- Employees shall be provided with a safe and healthy work environment.
- Business partners must comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations.
Compliance with these requirements and all applicable laws, including local and national codes, rules and regulations of the country of manufacture, is a requirement of doing business with us. Documentation establishing compliance shall be maintained by the factory and/or other business partner and shall be available upon request. We may take appropriate action, up to and including termination of any business partner who violates these Social Compliance Requirements.
Social Compliance Audit Program
We are committed to doing the right thing. If an audit or other source reveals non-compliance with our standards, we will assist the facility with Corrective Action Plans (CAPs.) We prefer to support a continuous improvement attitude and will work to help the audited facility comply with the standards. If a factory, agent or supplier fails to implement corrective actions, however, we may reduce or cease business with them.